f9ft driven element mount

Author Post

Andy, G7SQW

Fri Mar 29 2013, 05:00PM
Hello,

I am off to Arranmore island late May for a couple of days locators IO54 and 55 and just checking out my old 5 ele tonna to take along but have just noticed the insides of the feed point are rusted beyond repair.
If someone on here could advise me of where I may be able to buy a replacement mount that would be a great help.
I also have a halo that I could use instead, or any advice on a suitable cheap commercial yagi would be a great help but would need to be quick and easy to construct.
Looking at the VHF wanted squares list IO55 would I am sure be in demand so would like to give it a go when the band is open with a bit of gain.
Will also be on HF giving away EU-121 for the IOTA chasers.

Many thanks
Andy
G7SQW
Andy, G7SQW
Tue Apr 09 2013, 08:59PM
Andy, G7SQW
Registered Member #132

Hello all,

I am now all set for my trip to Arranmore and have got my 5 ele F9FT up and running.
It may not be one of the best antenna's but certainly better than a mobile whip.

Hopefully I will be able to give IO54 and IO55 to anyone who needs them and just hope the prop
is in our favor.

Andy
G7SQW
Ian, G6TGO
Thu Apr 25 2013, 09:27PM
Ian, G6TGO
Registered Member #170

Hi From Ian G6tgo IO83.
I will be looking out for you and look out for Worked all Ireland (WAI) square hunters! All the very best.
I operated from Tubbercurry which is South of Sligo on 40m back in 1996/7 acouple of times and one day I only went on because it was raining and 276 stations later I imerged knackerd! I never had such pile up! so beware you may get the same be prepared hi.

73 de Ian.