Sun City

Author Post

Trev, EA5ISZ

Mon May 16 2011, 04:41PM
First thanks to Murray for passing on the links to the papers concerning 50MHz to be debated at Sun City.  Secondly, I am rather disappointed that RSGB do not appear to be putting a revised paper together for debate after agreeing that the original proposal was flawed, especially having received the information UKSMG provided.  As far as I can see, the original proposal still stands in its original form.   I understood, that our input to this debate would be tabled at Sun City however, this does not appear to be the case.  It is just as well that UKSMG have already circulated representatives from each country in Region 1 so at least we can hope that our concerns will be noted.

From the papers put forward, it seems to me that the Swiss input from USKA deserves serious consideration as it quite sensibly, in my view, calls for the current (RSGB) proposal to be halted whilst we all take a step back and look at the whole band plan.  Whilst not completely in accord with our proposals, it offers the most sensible way ahead at the present time.

No doubt we'll hear more of all this in due course.

Trev, G3ZYY

[ Edited Mon May 16 2011, 04:46PM ]