Go to page   <<      

Standings Tables

Author Post
Ken, G4IGO
Wed Feb 09 2011, 07:29PM
Ken, G4IGO
Registered Member #31

Trevor, my setup as you call it took over 25 years to attain. It took a lot of very hard work, constant improvement to meet different demands, little money and lots of failures as well as lots of success's. I did so as part of my pleasuere to advance myself in training for using radiotelecommunications.
Being 9 in the table or 1 or 109 is irrelevant - its the enjoyment that i get from having setup my station and using it for my pleasure - and also giving pleasure to others. Sadly that has been dented recently for me - but I shall still continue to use my station for my pleaseure and others - and being part or not of a table wont alter what i have achieved by my own hands, or may well still achieve is the coming months and years God willing.
Trev, EA5ISZ
Wed Feb 09 2011, 11:27PM
Trev, EA5ISZ

Registered Member #13

Ken, I do not doubt the work you have put in to your station, like every EME capable station I can only admire the effort it takes to do this. I am pleased that you are not concerned about where you are in the table but equally puzzled as to why you should have objected to the changes so vehemently; changes which have been applauded by the vast majority who have cared to comment. As far as I am concerned that is the end of the matter and I sincerely hope that when we meet up later in the year at Chris's event, we'll be able to chat about 6m over a beer or two.
Ken, G4IGO
Wed Feb 09 2011, 11:40PM
Ken, G4IGO
Registered Member #31

My concern is that the matter was not debated openly - and it was made clear that if you dont like it then go away.Some of us have.
Trev, EA5ISZ
Wed Feb 09 2011, 11:45PM
Trev, EA5ISZ

Registered Member #13

I do not consider a minor change to the Tables to require an open debate. It takes a great deal of time and effort to keep this organisation running by all of the committee and I'm afraid turning to the membership for every minor change to the website would bring the organisation to a dead halt. The committee is voted in to do this sort of task on behalf of the membership and that is what has been done. This is definitely my last word to you on this subject, for someone who has left you are surprisingly still here!
Ken, G4IGO
Thu Feb 10 2011, 12:03AM
Ken, G4IGO
Registered Member #31

Thank you Trevor - you have made the commitee's position abudantly clear - and thank you for the parting shot - you win.
Trev, EA5ISZ
Sun Feb 13 2011, 03:33PM
Trev, EA5ISZ

Registered Member #13

Hi All, Dave has been busy with the Standings Table and has added some new functionality. In addition to the ability to sort the table in your preferred order, you will now also see a search box at the top of the page. This will allow you to search for any data string in all columns. For example, if you want to know who is using a 5 element antenna, the put '5 el' into the search box and all of those with 5 el in the ant column will be listed, you don't need to hit enter by the way, the list is produced automatically. Alternatively, if you want to list everyone called Ray, then 'Ray' in the search box will find them. The order of the listing is determined by the current sort order. The search box needs three digits or more before a listing is produced so if you want to search for a 2 digit item such as K3, then by putting 'K3 ' followed by a space will list all those K3 users.

We hope you find this a useful addition.
Go to page   <<